Which Type of Brochure is right for Your Business? Check it here
Do you know which type of brochure is right for your business? Well, do you even know the various types of brochure folds available out there?
You sure know that a well-designed brochure is the best way to reach a large audience for advertising your products or services. Now, the problem is – there are different types of brochures and how to choose the right one. To know more, continue reading and get an idea about the different brochure types. And choose the best one for your business.
There are 6 types of brochure folds available
- Gate Fold Brochures
- Bi-Fold Brochures
- Tri-Fold Brochures
- Flyers or Leaflets
- Folders and Insert Brochures
- Z-Fold Brochures
This type of brochure is mostly used in high-end marketing and is made of premium quality paper making it extremely durable. A unique feature of this brochure is its inward folding that makes it very compact and easy to carry around. It features an 8 panel structure with ample space to talk about your products or services, along with complementary images.
- Gate fold, also known as the Window Fold, the side panels measure half the width of the central panel.
- The standard brochure size for the gate fold is 8.5” x 11”.
- This fold works great with single product presentations, graphic-heavy designs, menus and creative designs with wide visuals, such as architectural layouts and landscape images.
This is the most common type of brochure used by organizations. As you must have guessed by its name, it has 2 folds that form 4 panels. There is the front cover, back cover and two internal panels where you can present all the information about your company, brand and products. There is also an extended version of Bi-Fold brochure which is known as booklet. The booklet looks more like a magazine because it has multiple pages.
- Also known as Half Fold, it is made up of a single sheet of paper folded into two.
- The standard brochure size for the half-fold is 8.5” x 11”.
- This suits best for simple product presentation, programs, pricing sheets, city maps, real estate offerings and manufacturing product sheets that are rich in content, specs and photos.
This is the next version to bi-fold and is used when you are in need of a little more space. It has 6 panels to present your information to your target audience. These brochures are among the most common ones that are used by small to large businesses.
- The fold in a Tri-Fold Brochure divides one single paper into three. With Tri-Fold, in the normal letter format, you get three sections: outside, inside and both zipped.
- The standard brochure size for the Tri-Fold brochure is 8.5” x 11”.
- Other popular sizes are 8.5” x 14”, 11” x 17”; and 11” x 25.5”. This is the be
- st for simple product presentation.
Flyers or leaflets
Flyer or leaflet brochure are usually single page brochures. They are a bit different from the other types of brochures and are mainly used for targeting a really large number of people. But, if you are planning to use this for your next promotional campaign, remember that they are extremely common and so, you have to be unique. An eye-catching and distinct design can make all the difference. And do not forget the readability feature.
- With a standard size of A4, Leaflets and Flyers are recommended for small scale marketing.
- You could directly hand it out to your target audience or insert them in other media like newspapers or magazines.
- Usually containing product information or announcements, they are one of the cheapest ways to reach out to a large number of people.
Folders and Inserts
Event show coming up? Or maybe, a conference or exhibition? If yes, Folders and Inserts brochure is the perfect way to advertise your brand among so many others. This type of brochure has a fantastic feature of folders within the brochure. You can make use of the folder by placing feedback form or some kind of free coupon and so on. Remember, it is all about gaining attention and whoever does it best, win the race.
- Being ideal and reliable, Folders can be configured to suit your needs. They are organized for presenting business material.
- The printed sheets of paper that go inside these folders are known as Inserts. They give information on particular topics, services and products.
This brochure folds like letter ‘Z’ and gets it name from this feature. It is easy to carry around and ideal to show lists, user guides, and technical specifications among others.
- Also referred to as 3-panel zigzag fold, the Z-folder Brochure is a document folding method that uses two parallel folds to create six panels of equal size – three panels on each side of the paper.
- The brochure folds into the letter ‘Z’ and gives a seriously extravagant appeal. Appearing almost like a musical instrument (accordion), it has 3 panels with ample space for you to write about your company and product offerings.
Now that you are aware of the types of brochure folds that you can use for your next advertising campaign, take a look at some of the designing tips. As much as the right selection of brochure is important, the perfect designing is important to nail it.
Here we go…
Brochure Designing Tips –
- Ensure that the font is not too artistic that it spoils the readability of the content. Choose a font that is known and also looks appealing.
- The color combination is something that you must pay attention to. It is always best to make use of your brand color or colors.
- The right use of graphics, illustrations and images is also important. Too much will spoil what you are trying to achieve and too little will not capture attention.
- Do not forget the Call-to-ACTION!
You are almost set to WOW your customer with a stunning brochure. So, what’s left? A little professional help, maybe. It is always good to seek professional help as they carry the knowledge and experience to get the best brochure design at the very first attempt.
So, go ahead. Start planning your next advertising campaign. It is going to be fantastic!